Click on the link below to explore the job description further and apply today!
The Fleet & Equipment Mechanic is responsible for inspecting, servicing, and maintaining fleet vehicles as well as a range of light-duty to heavy-duty equipment.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the service and repair of heavy equipment as well as fleet trucks, light equipment and tools
- Diagnoses faults using computerized testing equipment
- Adjusts equipment and replaces faulty parts
- Performs major repair work when necessary
- Reports damaged or faulty equipment to management
- Responsible for the service and minor repair of fleet vehicles
- Maintains vehicles with oil and filter changes
- Handles tire changes as needed
- Maintains detailed records of service vehicles
- Responsible for picking up parts from vendors when needed
- Ensures shop is clean and organized
- Owns and maintains a master mechanic set of tools
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures
Education, Skills and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of diesel engines and construction equipment
- Fabrication & welding skills required
- Ability to work independently, utilize good judgement and make decisions
- Knowledge of basic service and maintenance of vehicles
- Active Driver’s License required
- CDL preferred
- State Inspection license preferred
- Experience with paving equipment preferred
- Physically fit and able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend and stoop as needed
- Manual dexterity is necessary
- Ability to withstand all weather conditions
Construction Masters Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Each and every applicant at CMS will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis.