CMS is now hiring a Civil Take-off Technician/Estimating Assistant.
To generate accurate quantity take-off reports utilizing software for civil, structural and highway projects, along with assisting estimator(s) by conducting site visits, attending pre-bid meetings and delivering bids.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Complete quantity take-offs utilizing Insite Elevations Software
- Generate reports for the estimator(s) on a timely basis based upon the bid schedule
- Conduct site visits to document existing conditions
- Attend pre-bid meetings and take accurate notes
- Deliver public bids and attend bid openings, reporting back results
- Take calls from Contractors, Commercial and Residential customers to meet with clients and take field measurements and develop a scope of work for projects that do not have plans and specifications
- Assist with subcontractor and vendor solicitation when needed
- Performs related duties as assigned
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures
Education, Skills and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Competent computer skills to be able to learn and operate Insite Elevation
- Able to adequately read and interpret civil and structural plans
- Previous take-off and/or construction experience preferred
- Sufficient social and speaking skills to attend meeting and meet with clients
- Valid drivers license to operate company vehicle
- Physical Requirements:
- Able to work in an office environment
- Need to be able to make site visits that will require traversing uneven terrain and wooded areas, including flowing streams
Do you have experience in civil construction take-off and estimating?
Each and every applicant at CMS will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis.
We offer competitive wages and an attractive benefit package which includes medical and prescription coverage, life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation and 401K pension plan.